22 February 2012

The Apartment Monster

My apartment complex has unique residents. There are families with kids, college students, retired people, the works.

I overheard two little boys talking yesterday while I was taking the dogs for a walk. Their imaginations were spewing a tale about a monster roaming the apartment buildings.

"He has two big scary wolves that run around and jump," The first kiddo was describing.

The second little boy interrupted: "Did you see the hump on its back? And the pink and red claws on its feet?"
I couldn't hear what the other boy responded. All I caught was "lion's mane" before they ran off.

I just chuckled and opened my door.
They weren't talking about me, right?
--
Linking up with It's Blogworthy and SurferWife for Blogger's Worst Dressed.
Visit It's Blogworthy for your daily ridiculous.
iPhone Photo Phun

20 comments:

  1. "The hump on its back" - HAHAHA!

    Love it! And I think you're just a mom who is taking care of business! You've got the kid, the dog and are prepared for the elements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get caught out in the mom frump more than I would like to admit.

      Delete
  2. That might be the cutest hump I've ever seen!

    But I'm definitely drawn to the galoshes...holy moly are those colorful!! Looks like you're ready for a hurricane or some muddin', one of the two. This is so adorable, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find anything wrong with this outfit. At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! Haha that is probably part of my problem.

      Delete
  4. Oh how I love little kids imagination! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me smile to see kids playing make believe. Guess I'll just deal with being the monster in their fairy tales. Hah

      Delete
  5. Samantha,
    That is hysterical. What a cute trio you all are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worst dressed? Clearly. Sweetheart, that blue leash does not go with your fab outfit at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kid is embarrassed to be seen with me. Look at his face!

      Delete
  7. That is too freaking funny. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the imagination of little boys! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh. That's awesome. Kids are funny and you...you made this story so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee! Well played, woman! Well played, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kids & their imaginations... Too funny!

    I'm stopping by from SITS way after the fact. I hope you enjoyed your special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you can never be late around these parts! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Kids. Great imaginations! You look nothing like an apartment monster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Giggle.... At least it wasn't your OWN CHILDREN! mine often comment on my appearance. I can only imagine how difficult it will be to leave the house as the years go by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky little man still has limited language. I haven't taught him to sign "mom you're embarassing me."

      Delete

Like Life As Wife? Join in the conversation!