21 June 2012

Family Summer of Fun: Farmer's Market & Splash Park


It was the day of no naps - as is evident from the look on little man's face - but we were determined to start on our Family Summer of Fun list by hitting the farmer's market and the splash park.

Our beverages of choice at the local farmer's market may have not been kid-friendly, but Kris and I enjoyed sampling local brews while Jackson lounged in his stroller, watching all of the booths roll by. Some locals were picking away on various string instruments and the people watching made up for the fact that we had missed the BBQ sampling.

We decided to ignore the fact that what we had just spent on three beers could have bought us a 12 pack of good ole' Bud Light. After all, it was more about the experience, right?
The splash park was the perfect way to make it up to Jackson for the stroller confinement and crowds at the market. He ran for a good hour - smacking each squirt of water before it could spray him. His mind was blown and he even convinced Dada to get in.
An entire day of family fun for the price of three beers. That is a win in my book!

--
Make sure to check out the other posts from our family summer of fun!


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like the entire family had a great time! I definitely would love to take my son to the Farmer's market and our little water fountain park. Unfortunately when the weather gets nice enough it gets SO crowded that you can barely move. Great list of Summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just admire you for having a list :) Of course your family is much more manageable than mine. And would you like to tell me how you got a baby to keep his hat on? I've never been able to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to like hats. Lately though he wants to throw it in the water. It's hit or miss.

      Delete
  3. {Melinda} Free fun is the best! If only I could convince my teenage daughter ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We love our farmers market and splash park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to the farmers market is one of my favorite things to do over the summer! Every Saturday morning (unless it's raining) I head into town to check out what they have. I always find something.
    Now a splash park would only make the trip better if we had one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never been before and wow is this market huge compared to other towns we have lived in. Having the water park near by was a nice bonus.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like fun! My kids would love that splash park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed yourselves! Baby Jackson seemed to love the water park quite a bit! Looks refreshing! I'm sure I would have played too! Stopping in from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley I keep trying to return the visit but your link says "too many redirects". :(

      Delete
  8. How cute is he?? The farmer's market is always a good time. I will have to see if there are any of those fountain parks around here, looks like fun without the worries of a public pool. Haven't been by your blog in awhile, love your adorable nautical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so fun! We love the splash park near us...free way to keep cool :) New follower over from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pic of him at the splash pad! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Like Life As Wife? Join in the conversation!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.